Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flash Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Adobe Flash Player

Recently I had a problem with my debug Flash Player when I wanted to debug my app from Flash Builder. When I launched debugger I got something like this:

Flash Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Adobe Flash Player. You might need to install the debugger version of the Flash Player or reinstall Flash Builder.
Do you want to try to debug with the current version?

Of course I had debug version of Flash Player, and I reinstalled it few times and it didn't help. What turned out is that you have to reinstall it in a proper way. So first you need to download Flash Player uninstaller (yeah, cause uninstalling it in a normal way is not enough). You can download it from HERE. Now you need to close all of your browsers and run this simple magic tool.

When magic is done you can go to THIS site and download Flash Player Debug installer. After installing Flash Player there is huge chance that you will never see this annoying message again.

It's worth to notice that I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system - I have no idea if this solution would help in other environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment